Classic Greece and Turkey Cruise and Tour
Per person on double occupancy
13 Days / 11 Nights
Travel Period: October 20 - November 1, 2020
Los Angeles-Athens-Corinth-Mycenae-Olympia-Istanbul-Canakkale-Volos-Crete-Santorini-Mykonos-Los Angeles
Day 1 – Oct 20, (Tue). Today we depart Los Angeles for our overnight flight to Athens.
Day 2 – Oct 21, (Wed). Arrive ATHENS. Upon arrival and after we have cleared our custom obligations the tour representative will meet us for our transfer to the hotel. The evening is free at leisure. Overnight at the hotel. (D)
Day 3 – Oct 22, (Thu). ATHENS-CORINTH-ATHENS. Depart Athens via the scenic coastal road to the mighty Corinth Canal, dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Continue via Nauplion to Mycenae, the heartland of Greek mythology. Visit the Acropolis of Mycenae and the Tomb of Atreus, built around 1250 B.C. From here, drive through the Central Peloponnese Peninsula, whose major cities in Classical times were Corinth and Sparta. Back to Athens. Overnight Athens. (B, D)
Day 4 – Oct 23, (Fri). ATHENS CITY TOUR. The exploration of Athens begins with a panoramic drive through the city center. View the Panathenian Stadium and the ruins of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian/s Arch, built to celebrate the arrival of the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Continue on to visit the Acropolis, the ancient architectural masterpiece built during the Golden Age of Athens and the new Acropolis Museum, a Striking modern building built at the base of the monument where many of the original statues from the Acropolis are now displayed. The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight Athens. (B)
Day 5 – Oct 24. (Sat). ATHEN-PIREAUS, GREECE. Ship embarkation. (B, D). Cruise
Day 6 – Oct 25, (Sun). CRUISE. PIREAUS, GREECE-SAILING- ISTANBUL, TURKEY. (B, L, D). Cruise
Day 7 – Oct 26, (Mon). CRUISE. ISTANBUL, TURKEY. (B, L, D).
Day 8 – Oct 27, (Tue). CRUISE. ISTANBUL, TURKEY-SAILING-CANAKKALE, TURKEY. (B, L, D)
Day 9 – Oct 28, (Wed). CRUISE. CANAKKALE, TURKEY-SAILING-VOLOS, GREECE. (B, L, D)
Day 10 – Oct 29, (Thu). CRUISE. VOLOS, GREECE-SAILING-CRETE (HERAKLION), GREECE. (B,L,D)
Day 11 – Oct 30, (Fri). CRUISE. CRETE (HERAKLION), GREECE-SAILING-SANTORINI-MYKONOS, GREECE-PIREAUS. (B,L,D)
Day 12 – Oct 31, (Sat). MYKONOS, GREECE-PIREAUS, GREECE. After disembarkation, you will be transferred to your hotel for overnight. Evening is free at leisure, time to do last minute shopping. (B). Cruise
Day 13 – Nov 01, (Sun). Depart Athens to Los Angeles. (B)
LAND TOUR INCLUSIONS
- Round trip economy class fare Los Angeles-Athens
- Meet and Assist upon arrival.
Private air-conditioned motor coach with an English speaking guide.
- 4–Breakfast, 2–Dinner
- Full day Athens City tour visiting the Acropolis and its Museum
- 4-Day / 3-Night 1st class hotel accommodations at the Athenaeum Grand Hotels or similar with daily breakfast and some dinners.
LAND TOUR EXCLUSIONS
- Land Tour: Personal Expenses, drinks at meals, lunches
- Gratuities for Land: Recommended: Local Tour Guide - $6 pp day; Driver - $3 pp day; Tour Director: $3 pp day; Excursion Guide: $2 pp day. Waiter $1 pp day; Porter - $1 pp bag. Gratuities will be collected in advance.
- 8-Day / 7-Night Cruise to the Greek Islands and Turkey on Celestyal Cruise inside Cat. “IB” cabins
- All meals included on board.
- Shore Excursions ON SHARING BASIS:
• Santorini- San-01. Spectacular Oia village perched on the Caldera rim
• Heraklion – Her-02: Minoan Palace of Knossos – 1st European civilization
• Istanbul – IST-04 Bosporus cruise from Europe to Asia & the Grand Bazaar.
• Complimentary shuttle bus service in Mykonos
• Entertainment on board
*included shore excursions cannot be removed or replaced.
Port charges security and other services
- Gratuities totaling $160.00 ARE INCLUDED.
- Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink packages included.
- Hotel taxes and service charges.
All entrance fees included as per itinerary
- Porterage of 1 suitcase per person at the hotels
Day Ports Arrival Departure
Sat-10,24 Athens, Greece 16:00
Sun-10.25 Istanbul, Turkey 15:30
Mon-10.26 Istanbul, Turkey 20.00
Tue-10.27 Canakkale, Turkey 07:00 17:00
Wed-10.28 Volos, Greece 07:00 17:00
Thu-10.29 Crete, Greece 13:00 23:59
Fri-10.30 Santorini, Greece 07:00 13:00
Fri-10.30 Mykonos, Greece 19:00
Sat-10.31 Mykonos, Greece 02:00
Sat-10.31 Athens, Greece 09:00